Built in 1530/1 modeled after early Istanbul style. Is the most significant Islamic building in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The architect was a Persian, Adzem Esir Sli, the main architect of the Ottoman Empire at the time. This mosque was destroyed and restored a few times in the past. It includes the fountain (ssadravan), Moslem primary school (mekteb), the room for ritual washing (abdesthana), domed burial sites (turbeti), Gazi Husrev-beg’s and Murad-beg Tardic’s harem, abode for the prayer caller (muvekithana), minaret 45 m high and tower clock, dominating the surrounding street and wards (mahala).

Advertisements